Subject: Re: Doing Lightspeed (was Re: Tank treads...)
From: David Warner <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 1995 18:59:00 -0500

On Thu, 14 Dec 1995, robert hood wrote:

> However, Lightspeed is entirely visual, and not all of us have access to
> a production studio or even a Betacam.  It is just not as easy as it sounds.
> The sophistication required to contribute to Lightspeed is far greater than
> it is to contribute to more traditional periodicals.
> 
> That's why you keep seeing the same people doing tutorials in it all the
> time (not that they aren't great, Dave =|^).

If people knew what kind of equipment I use for my tutorials, I think 
you'd all be pretty damn amazed!  Maybe I should a LightSpeed tutorial on 
how to do a LightSpeed tutorial??  =)

Let's put it this way, I have an ancient, piece of crap, VHS camera, some 
basic lighting equipment, a Radio Shack microphone, and NO EDITING equipment!
Everything is pieced together by pausing and unpausing the record deck...if 
I screw up, I back up the tape and try it again.

The tutorial and review I'm working on right now will be done a little 
differently, but I'm still using essentially the same equipment...you 
just have to be creative and make do with what you have.  That's another
that I learned when producing stuff for Public Access.  =)

                                     -David Warner